nget is a command line nntp file grabber. It automatically pieces together multipart postings for easy retrieval, even substituting parts from multiple servers and newsgroups. Handles disconnects gracefully, resuming after the last part succesfully downloaded.
nget is written in C++, and should run on any POSIX OS with a decent c++ compiler, it also compiles natively for windows with mingw32. It has been tested on Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX, cygwin32, and mingw32.
License: GNU General Public License
- Automatic multi-part post joining
- Automatic binary decoding (using uulib)
- Caches header data for quick access
- Full multi-server support, transparently joining parts from different servers
- Full multi-group support, transparently joining parts from multiple newsgroups
- Automatic retries on network errors
- Resumes after the last part successfully downloaded
- Dupe file detection to avoid unneeded downloads
- Select what to retrieve based upon a regular expresson (-r), or even a more complex expression (-R) based upon any of the file's subject, author, lines, bytes, # of parts we have, # of parts req, date, age, messageid, and references.
- Search for newsgroups based on their names and/or descriptions
- Automatic handling of PAR and PAR2 files retrieves only as many recovery files as necessary to repair any missing/damaged files.
- uulib (included in the nget+uulib src package)
- libpopt (nget can be compiled with getopt, but -@ option will be unavailable)
Last Update: 2006-04-05 19:34:34 PDT | Last Edit: 2005-11-26 15:12:31 PST